Friday, August 3, 2012

Daybook

Our Family Daybook


Around the Homestead...
 
Our chickens are due to be laying in the next 3-4 weeks so Dan really needs some time to get the nesting boxes built onto our chicken tractor.  Its one of those chores that just seems to get pushed off every weekend. 


Our adoption process...
 
Our homestudy is mailed out as well as our I800-A.  Working hard on fundraising!  We have a lot to do but pregnancy and preparing a new school year have been getting in the way recently.  Hopefully we can get a lot of adoption stuff accomplished this coming week.

Learning at home...
 

Working hard to get ready to start school.  I have a lot of stuff finally ordered and sitting in the school room.  We've moved our school area so there is a lot to be set up in the new room.  This was a hard school year to plan since I knew it was going to be one with a lot of interruption and transitions.  I think I've found materials that we will both enjoy and still keep the school year from becoming impossible in the midst of babies, overseas trips and learning to be a family for Joseph.  I really DO love starting a new school year, though.   I'm excited to have the boys start their math curriculum on Monday...we're going to try easing in a few subjects at a time! It will be nice to get back to business :)


What we've been reading...
 
Lots of blogs about living books...trying to find our history readings for this year.  Also lots of sites with sewing suggestions for little ones.  And handicraft projects.  Hoping to do more skills and projects with the kids for school this year.

What we've been thinking about...
 
Home birth.  Yep, I think we might be having this little one at home.  This would be a first for us so, needless to say, its been on my mind A LOT.  We haven't totally made up our minds yet...so don't hold me to it...but its looking like we're going in that direction ;)

I'm thankful for...
 

A wonderful midwife spending an hour and a half talking about whatever I needed to talk about as far as home births.  I am thankful for our parish priest and his appreciation/understanding of our vocation and desire to bring Joseph home and his willingness to be supportive.  And of course I am thankful for Maxim and Isabella both being listed on the "My Family Found Me" page on Reece's Rainbow...so glad to have families coming for them!


I'm praying for...
 
The Archer family as they prepare to go get their boys, for Elizabeth D., for a dear friend who is having serious health issues, for our Joseph, for this little one we're growing and for all the kids still waiting to find families.

Have a blessed weekend!
Kimberly

No comments:

Post a Comment