Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Our Domestic Church and the Liturgical Year...

Catechism of the Catholic Church:

1666 The Christian home is the place where children receive the first proclamation of the faith. For this reason the family home is rightly called "the domestic church," a community of grace and prayer, a school of human virtues and of Christian charity.

Knowing that our family is called to be a domestic church, we've always strived to really engage in the beautiful liturgical year of the Church...sometimes too much so... where Mom is working so hard to incorporate every single meaningful tradition or celebration into our home that it can get a little overwhelming! But it is always worth it when we realize how connected our life at home is to the life of the Church. So...in the midst of soaking up our "brand-new baby time" I'm hoping to gather up my materials and get ready for Ash Wednesday next week and the beginning of Lent. I'll try to post about what kinds of prayers and activities we'll be doing during this season. Pray for me....since I've gotten so comfortable in "the now" and enjoying our new little joy I'm finding it harder to get geared up to do anything else but sit and love on my family and the "down-time" we've been having...I know its going to be a little hard to jump into this season since its usually Mom that pulls it all together (of course ;) ).

No comments:

Post a Comment