Thursday, November 1, 2012

Loss

A special woman,  Barbara Curtis , has passed away.  We are praying for her soul and for comfort for her whole family right now.

Barbara was an extraordinary person...she wrote amazing Montessori teaching books, kept people up to date with political news on her blog and raised 12 children....4 of which were children with Down Syndrome (one she was blessed with naturally and three she adopted.)  She was an adoption and Down Syndrome advocate...I know this because we were blessed by her early on in our adoption journey in a way that was probably little to her but incredibly big to me.  She was the first person to donate to our adoption chip-in on our blog.  It was only $25 but to me it was the world.  Barbara Curtis, well known author, had cared enough to help with our adoption.  I was just a little bit awe struck that someone so well known would even know about us.  I didn't realize at the time that she was such a Reece's Rainbow supporter.  She encouraged us and gave us a great start to this adoption.  Her thoughtfulness moved me.  Her small act of kindness at the very start of this adoption and her kind words in a thoughtful email just seemed to bring us such hope and encouragement.  I can't really put how I feel into words.  I cried a lot yesterday...I've come to realize that that was just how she was...with so many people.  You need only read the comments and heartfelt sympathy notes to her family to realize she touched others' lives whenever she could.  She will be greatly missed.

I pray for all those that will greatly be feeling the loss of Barbara.  Please join our family in praying for her soul and for her beloved family that is mourning her loss.

May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.
Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment